- Permanent position
- Part time – 15 hours per week (6:30-9:30am), plus possibility of further cleaning hours Term Time plus 4 weeks
- Salary Scale C £9.36-£9.55 per hour
- Required ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity for someone flexible, enthusiastic and energetic who takes a pride in their work to join our friendly and hardworking team as our Caretaker.
You will be responsible for opening and unlocking the site in the mornings and maintaining the school’s high standards of cleanliness and organisation. A team player you will also be happy to be a lone worker. You will work under our Site Manager and have cleaning, maintenance and health and safety responsibilities delegated to you.
The main duties will include:
- Being responsible for keeping the school clean and tidy to a high standard;
- The secure and safe operation of the school site;
- Liaising with contractors and overseeing day to day work;
- Making general risk assessments and regular equipment checks and attending meetings to discuss any health and safety matters;
- Evening and possible weekend / holiday lettings;
- Arranging facilities for hirers as specified;
- Carrying out a variety of DIY tasks and general repairs;
- Dealing with out-of-school hours emergencies to ensure that any damage or inconvenience to the school is minimised (being on-call 24/7);
- Ensuring the site is safe accessible for staff, parents and pupils including during the snow season;
- Assisting with deliveries and ensuring their storage in a safe and secure manner.
Hours will be flexible to meet the needs of the school but you are likely to be required 6:30am – 9:30am Monday to Friday during term time. There may be the opportunity for regular or additional afternoon hours as part of the role. You would need flexible availability for lettings for community use.
Please note that working hours may be subject to variation, call-out at weekends and unsocial hours will be necessary from time to time (which can be claimed for).
Applicants are very welcome to make an appointment to visit the school.
How to apply
Please complete the Educator Solutions Application Form in full and return to the school.
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 22nd November 2019
Interview date: TBC
Please note that if you are selected for interview we shall contact you by telephone or email, but if you have heard nothing a week after the closing date for applications we regret that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for interview
As the post is undertaking ‘Regulated Activity’ applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure form and bring evidence of identity and Right to Work in the UK.
Ashleigh Primary School and Nursery takes the safeguarding of children and its employees extremely seriously and robust system checks are part of the recruitment process.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.