- Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
- Full time (part time applications will also be considered)
We are seeking to appoint an Art Specialist to offer high quality art teaching across our school. This exciting role could be suitable for a Secondary Art Specialist Teacher, looking to branch into primary education or a primary teacher with a specific art specialism.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent teacher who is committed to raising standards;
- Has specialist knowledge of the art curriculum;
- Can offer professional development in the art curriculum to other members of staff;
- Is innovative in their delivery of the curriculum and has a comprehensive understanding of how children learn and achieve their very best;
- Is able to take responsibility for managing their own workload;
- Can measure impact of actions they have taken;
- Has vision, energy and enthusiasm;
- Creates a nurturing, inclusive learning environment – supports and embraces our school ethos;
- Has a passion to learn and develop their teaching practice;
- Is positive, hard-working and ambitious;
- Is excited by the opportunity to lead whole school art and community projects.
In return we can offer you:
- Skilled experienced staff to work alongside;
- The exciting career opportunity of being part of our Outstanding school;
- Superb opportunities for professional development;
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated team;
- Supportive governors and leaders;
- A well-resourced school with an exceptional outdoor space;
- Happy, motivated and well-behaved children;
- An excellent working environment.
Ashleigh Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; it is expected all staff and volunteers will share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and reference checks.
The successful applicant will also be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.
Please note that if you are selected for interview we shall contact you by telephone or email, but if you have heard nothing a week after the closing date for applications we regret that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for interview. We take this opportunity to thank you for your time and interest in our school.
Midday Monday 19th October
TBC ASAP (by Zoom/Teams)