- Pupils will know the names of at least six great artists, architects and designers.
- Pupils will know and recognise a range of art movements and periods from history.
- Pupils will be able to critique, analyse and talk about art work, artists and art movements using specific and technical vocabulary.
- Pupils will know how to record their knowledge, thought processes, design and creativity in a sketchbook.
- Pupils will develop and refine their skills in a wide range of art & design techniques.
- Pupils will know how to use their skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art & design.
I have experienced:
- Pupils will experience a range of media including: watercolour, acrylic, pencils, soft pastels, oil pastels, chalk and charcoal, collage, junk modelling, clay, mod rock, textile, print making, digital art, photography and sculpture.
- Pupils will visit an art gallery/museum to appreciate, critique and be influenced by great works of art.
- Pupils in KS2 will develop their use of a sketchbook to record their ideas.
- An elected Arts Council will plan, advertise and host a whole school art exhibition.
- Pupils will create artwork for a specific purpose/whole school exhibition at least once a year.
- Pupils will be given the opportunity to meet and work with real artists, craft makers, designers or architects, either in school or visiting their studio/workshops/place of work.
- Pupils will be given the opportunity to exhibit their work in school and the wider community.