A high quality languages education should foster children’s curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world. -
At Ashleigh we are committed to:
- Ensuring that competence in another language enables children to interpret, create and exchange meaning within and across cultures.
- Helping children develop their awareness of cultural similarities and differences around the world.
- Helping children develop skills that will open up further opportunities later in life.
- Providing an appropriate balance of spoken and written language which will lay the foundations for further foreign language learning at KS3.
- Developing an interest in learning other languages as well as introducing young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.