- Our EYFS
- Reception Medium Term Overviews
- Reception Knowledge Organisers
- Useful Information
- Nursery News
Assistant Head EYFS: Mrs J Miller
Nursery Lead: Mrs S Sprake
Nursery Team: Mrs S Sprake, Mrs G Roberts, Mrs P Cowdry, Mrs C Sharp, Ms J Scott, Miss R Bruce, Mrs V Gray.
Reception Team: Mrs J Miller, Mrs L Ellero, Mrs C McPherson, Mrs S Anderson, Mrs S Smith.
Our EYFS Approach
The curriculum in Nursery and Reception is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). This provides a framework for realistic and challenging experiences that meet the different needs of all our children.
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is made up of 3 prime areas of learning:
- PSED: Personal, Social and Emotional Development. This area develops social skills, attitude to learning, self–confidence, self-awareness and supports them in managing feelings and behavior. This is also delivered through our PATHS curriculum from Reception onwards.
- C & L: Communication and Language. This area develops skills such as listening and attention, understanding and communicating with others.
- PD: Physical Development. This areas teaches children about their bodies, how to be healthy and develop skills such as control, movement, strength and using equipment safely.
There are also 4 specific areas:
- L: This area develops skills in reading and writing, through the teaching of phonics and supporting children to apply these skills in all areas of their learning.
- M: This area develops skills such as counting, addition, subtraction, problem solving, understanding shape and measuring.
- UW: Understanding the World. This area develops a child’s understanding of the environment and their community, the world and technology around them.
- E, A & D: Expressive Arts and Design. This area develops their imagination and the skills of singing, drama, making, painting and using different resources.
Cross-curricular links are made through carefully planned topics. Learning is achieved through practical and enquiry based activities, as well as whole and small group teaching sessions.
- Nursery Newsletter 18th September 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 20th March 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 13th March 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 6th March 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 28th February 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 14th February 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 7th February 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 31st January 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 24th January 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 17th January 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 10th January 2020
- Nursery Newsletter 13th December 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 6th December 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 29th November 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 22nd November 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 15th November 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 8th November 2019
- Newsletter 1st November 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 11th October 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 4th October 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 27th September 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 20th September 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 13th September 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 6th September 2019